Headquarters: Fishers, Indiana, United States
Formstack, the most flexible and powerful form-building application, is looking for a Product Designer to add to the team!
Formstack is a 13-year-old company with its roots in Indianapolis. Our customers span 110 different countries, and our employees live and work across the U.S. and the globe. We provide a work environment that is flexible and provides great freedom for those who can perform. We are seeking people who demonstrate an ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
Who You Are:
You are a problem solver. You have previous experience working in a Product Design role previously (or equivalent graduate school work in a relevant degree program such as HCI, Human Factors, etc., internship experience, and freelance work). You also have a strong portfolio of past projects that you are willing to share with us. We are specifically looking for individuals with strong visual and interaction design skills. We are hoping this individual can bring an innovative and fresh perspective to our great team of very practical design practitioners and doers.
What You Will Do:
As a Product Designer with Formstack, you will use both your design and technical skills/knowledge to improve the way our product looks and functions. Once launched, you’ll monitor and iterate the product and make sure we are designing and presenting the best user experience for our customers.
How You Will Succeed:
- Plan for and lead team meetings around a particular initiative, soliciting feedback and ideas from others.
- Practice design by building wireframes, prototypes, and high-fidelity mockups.
- Plan for and schedule customer calls around discovery and research initiatives and for running usability tests.
- Conduct necessary human-centered design research.
- Analyze research findings and share all work early and often with direct cross-functional team, the Product Design team, and the organization at large.
What We Are Looking For:
- 3+ years of experience.
- BA degree or higher.
- Experience working closely with product development teams.
- Practicing UX design as a major role in your job.
- Knowledge of how to best design to solve business and user problems. Ability to understand the needs of customers.
- Design fundamentals including information design, visual design, industry UI standards for desktop and web-based applications, and ease of use best practices.
- Experience with relevant design tools (Adobe CS, Sketch, Invision…)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working on a UX team.
- M&E experience
- Experience with designing, running and analyzing A/B tests or any other quantitative data analysis.
- Experience designing for mobile apps (iOS, Android, Windows, etc.) and the mobile web.
What Formstack Offers:
- Free health plans, as well as company-paid Dental, Vision, Disability and Life Insurance Benefits for full-time employees.
- Unlimited PTO for all employees
- 401k with matching company contribution for full-time employees
- The most up-to-date technology, including company-issued Macs, the latest software and other tools needed to excel at your job
- Company-paid conferences and extended learning
- Yearly company gatherings
Formstack is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
Company: ReCharge Payments
Headquarters: Santa Monica, California, United States
With over 10,000 online merchants launching subscriptions and over 1,000,000 subscribers powered by ReCharge we’re processing tens of millions of dollars in sales every week. Our mission ‘making repeat orders easier for everyone’ began four years ago as a bootstrapped startup and today we’re at the forefront of recurring billing software with over 100 remote-first employees around the globe.
In a Technical Customer Support role based remotely for our Customer Success team, you’ll be responsible for supporting our customers and delivering a world-class support experience. You’ll work closely with store owners to troubleshoot and resolve issues via email, chat, and occasional phone calls.
What You’ll Do
- Live by and champion our values: #ownership, #empathy, #simple-solutions.
- Use your technical expertise and customer service skills to resolve questions and issues for our online merchants
- Communicate clearly in writing to both technical and non-technical people
- Document and build new tools to improve support flows
- Identify patterns, recommend improvements, and filter out unimportant issues
- Author documentation for our customer-facing Help Center
- Assist with successful on-boarding of new customers
What You’ll Bring
- 2+ years of experience in technical customer support at a SaaS company, or similar
- Proficiency with a ticketing technology platform: i.e. HelpScout, Zendesk preferred
- Resourcefulness: you’ll figure out what needs to be done, and you find ways to make it happen
- A passion for problem solving: an excitement for a tricky problem or a new challenge
- A sense of urgency and a satisfaction from going above and beyond to provide solutions
- An exceptional eye for detail and excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work remotely and desire to make an impact at a boot-strapped start-up
- Excellent customer service and English fluency (written and spoken)
- A ‘winning as a team’ attitude and a polite, patient, caring, calm and professional demeanor
- Ability to work flexible shifts
ReCharge Payments is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with our principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. ReCharge Payments prohibits any form of workplace harassment.
Source: Remotey, ReCharge Payments
Headquarters: Ballincollig, Cork, Ireland
As a Test Engineer in the Product department at Scrapinghub, you will be ultimately responsible for testing integral elements of our product offering in order to ensure that they are functional and in line with the marketable quality that our customer base expects on a consistent basis. This will of course be especially useful as we conduct versioning on each product; the role will require someone who can test new features and ensure bugs have been correctly resolved as part of each release.
You will thrive in this role if you enjoy ensuring that a suite of products maintains a high level of quality when it comes to serving a globally diverse clientbase.
- Take ownership of the end-to-end QA process for Scrapinghub platform components such as Crawlera, Scrapy Cloud, and AutoExtract.
- Collaborate effectively with Head of QA, Project/Product Managers, and Developers to understand platform and product features.
- Distill product requirements and documentation into test specifications to ensure broad and deep test coverage.
- Understand what an appropriate test/staging environment will look like; work with the relevant internal stakeholders to build this out.
- Using a combination of initially manual and semi-automated techniques, test both the usability and the correct functioning of existing and new product components including but not limited to: internal and customer-facing dashboards, email integrations, billing and payment integration, analytics, etc.
- Create comprehensive, reproducible bug reports.
- Define clear, unambiguous acceptance/release criteria that dovetail with your test specifications.
- For new features, be able to answer the question “We built the thing right, but did we build the right thing?” before signing off any release.
- Know which tests should remain manual in nature, while looking for opportunities to fully automate some aspects of the testing; work with Head of QA to make this happen.
- Beyond test automation, proactively make improvements to QA methodologies by employing other technologies and tools.
- 2+ years of relevant experience in Technical Product QA, ideally of SaaS offerings.
- Demonstrable experience testing HTTP APIs, web front ends, and backend integrations.
- Solid grasp of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes.
- Experience with issue tracking systems such as JIRA, Redmine, or similar.
- Excellent level of written and spoken English; confident communicator; able to communicate on both technical and non-technical levels with various stakeholders on all matters QA.
- Experience writing basic to intermediate SQL queries.
- Good understanding of web frontend technologies.
- Eager to learn in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Bonus points for:
- Experience working remotely and managing asynchronous communication.
- Experience with G Suite, Confluence, Jira, Salesforce, Intercom, Xero, Chargebee, Grafana, especially CB & testing billing platforms e.g Stripe.
- Experience with UI, API, and Functional test tools such as Selenium, Capybara, Citrus, JMeter, Postman, or similar.
- Experience with Product QA specifically as it pertains to web scraping.
- As a new Shubber, you will:
- Become part of a self-motivated, progressive, multi-cultural team.
- Have the freedom and flexibility to work from where you do your best work.
- Attend conferences and meet with team members from across the globe.
- Work with cutting-edge open source technologies and tools.
- Receive paid time off
- Enrol in Scrapinghub’s Share Option Programme
Source: Remotey, Scrapinghub
Company: Summit CPA Group
Headquarters: Fort Wayne, Indiana, United States
Our Senior Accountant team members are responsible for 8-10 clients at a time. This includes maintaining their accounting software, month-end closings, financial statement preparation, AP, AR, creating weekly cash flow reports, and tax preparation for their individual and business client bases.
Our Accountants are client-facing, so having a good personality is a plus 🙂
Our expectations of our Senior Accountants
- At least 2-5 years of public accounting experience a plus
- Working knowledge of Excel (pivot tables, advanced formulas and macros a plus)
- QuickBooks, FreshBooks, and Xero experience a plus
- Business (and personal) tax experience a plus
- Should understand financial statements (journal entries, month-end closings, etc.)
- Two mandatory company retreats per year
- Works well under pressure
- 2080-hour work year (40 hours per week * 52 weeks) can be done in any manner; typically, more time is required when new clients are being onboarded
- Oversees 1 – 2 Accountants
- Working in a world-class distributed / remote team environment
- Flexible schedule, can work around family functions
- Technology stipend to cover home office expenses
- Education stipend
- Health insurance, 401(k) match, disability insurance, incentive program, HSA
- We’ll cover any certification or state and national licenses / dues
- Reimbursement for CPA review course and up to 4 exam sittings
Source: We Work Remotely
Headquarters: Boise, Idaho, United States
We’re looking for a talented user interface designer to help us give our customers the best possible user experience. You’ll work closely with our CEO, product team, and engineering team to build a great product that over 25,000 creators use to earn a living.
- Understand product specifications and user psychology
- Conduct concept and usability testing and gather feedback
- Define the right interaction model and evaluate its success
- Analyze user feedback and activity, and iterate to enhance the user experience
- Translate concepts into user flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences
- Find creative ways to solve UX problems (e.g. usability, findability)
- Clearly communicate design ideas and prototypes to developers
- Keep abreast of competitor products and industry trends
The right candidate should:
- Understand how to use great onboarding to drive more product engagement.
- Be able to design production ready interfaces and fully implement them through front-end code.
- Pay attention to details such as animations, loading states, and transitions.
- Be a great writer to effectively communicate with the team and customers.
- Be autonomous, self-driven, and remote-disciplined to work effectively in a 100% remote company.
- Have proven experience as a UI Designer, UX Designer or similar role
- Possess a strong portfolio of design projects
- Have a background in project management and research
- Familiarity with interaction design and information architecture
- Proficient in design software (Figma, Principle, InVision)
- Have high problem-solving aptitude and a passion for figuring out elegant solutions
- 3 weeks paid vacation, 8 paid holidays, and 1 week of paid sick leave / year, bumping up to 4 weeks vacation after 1 year of employment
- The team gathers twice a year in-person for fantastic team retreats
- 12 weeks paid maternity / 4 weeks paid paternity leave, as well as flexible scheduling in the first year after your child is born
- $2,500 equipment allowance given every 2 years
- 4% 401k match
- Yearly conference credit
- $1,000 yearly “paid paid vacation” bonus
- Excellent health, vision, and dental benefits
- Salary: we use a standardized salaries based on national averages. For this role the range is between $95,000 and $115,000 depending on experience.
ConvertKit is on a mission to help creators earn $1B using our SaaS email marketing platform. We are 100% independent, 100% remote and are growing rapidly.
We are proud to have built a product that our customers love, and we’re looking for people who have enthusiasm and belief in our mission, vision, and values to join our team.
A few things that make ConvertKit interesting:
- We are a 100% remote team with the goal of having an extremely efficient and small team.
- Bootstrapped, profitable, and growing quickly. We’re #23 on the 2019 Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing companies
- We put a high emphasis on work / life balance, and we value and strive for 40 hour work weeks.
ConvertKit is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity in all of its forms and we hire the best person for each role, no matter your personal background. Research tells us that applicants who are female or non-binary, as well as applicants who are people of color, are less likely to apply for roles they do not feel 100% qualified for.
We encourage every person who is interested to apply. We’re imperfect communicators, so think of our job postings as the starting point for discussion rather than proof that you shouldn’t apply. Take the leap – you never know, you might just be the perfect person for one of our open roles, even if you don’t match 100% of the job description.
Source: We Work Remotely, ConvertKit
Company: Springboard Retail
Headquarters: Boston, Massachusetts, United States
You are an experienced QA Lead seeking to join a talented technical team that delivers best-in-class retail commerce software. You thrive on the fast pace and demanding throughput requirements of delivering a mission critical, multi-tenanted, web-based software as a service (SaaS) application suite and API platform. You are comfortable engaging directly with the engineering and product teams to ensure that Springboard Retail consistently delivers the highest quality service.
As a player on the QA team, you will perform validations of product changes, work with the product team during the design process to ensure features are well specified, and develop automated tests that will improve our long term QA efficiency. As QA Lead, you will ensure that we consistently have the right systems in place to ensure that quality is deployed on a continuous basis. You will also recruit and mentor junior QA team members, participate in the development of our QA processes, documentation, and tooling, and share knowledge and best practices among the QA and development teams. Springboard Retail is a fully distributed team so this is a remote position.
- Work with the product and engineering teams to understand requirements, user stories, and acceptance criteria and to translate into detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and test cases for multiple products
- Play the lead role in designing and enhancing automated and manual testing infrastructure and drafting product release deliverables consistent with established standards, methodologies, and best practices. Building our overall testing strategy, in collaboration with engineering and product team leaders. Ensure adoption of QA best practices across all teams.
- Liaise with product and engineering teams as the main point of contact to represent QA team in terms of progress, deliverables, and deadlines. Coordinate QA team activities and workload. Estimate, prioritize, plan, coordinate, and track testing activities across the QA team.
- Perform automated and manual testing of our web/native applications and APIs
- Participate in agile working practices such as daily scrum meetings, sprint planning, backlog grooming and retrospectives
- Develop and manage key metrics to drive towards overall business goals and support critical decision making
- Become a Springboard Retail product expert
- Manage multiple projects while meeting tight deadlines
- Serve as a mentor to junior engineers. Play a lead role in QA team planning and expansion as needed.
- 5+ years of QA experience, preferably in a continuous deployment environment
- 1+ years experience in a QA lead capacity
- Experience automating UI tests for web applications
- Strong understanding of BDD principles
- Experience with Cucumber or similar tools
- Experience working with Ruby or other scripting language
- Experience testing Web applications built around web services
- Experience with testing APIs and other back end system testing
- Experience with Agile process and tools such as GitHub and JIRA
- Ability to demonstrate a consistent QA mindset and attention to detail
- Proven experience with delivering high quality software products within a fast-paced release cycle
- Strong troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Hardware testing experience is preferred
We offer flexible work schedules and the opportunity to collaborate with and learn from a tightly integrated, best-in-class team. Our team is fully remote so all of our processes are designed around facilitating collaboration across time zones and distances. Potential for contract or full-time work.
Source: Remotely Awesome Jobs, Stack Overflow, Springboard Retail
Headquarters: Burlingame, California, United States
Here at Clerky, we build software to help startups and their attorneys get legal paperwork done both safely and easily. We’re the most popular way for high-growth technology startups to form, and are also used by tons of top-tier startups for hiring and fundraising paperwork.
Despite our popularity, we have been extremely quiet and focused on product development. As a result, many of our customers don’t fully understand the full value of what they’re getting, and there is still a lot of room for growth in terms of market awareness. We’re looking for a content strategist / writer to help us tackle these challenges!
Things You Could Work On
- Blog posts
- White papers
- Social media
- Support documentation
- Internal documentation
- Highly considered writing — you naturally seek to make sure every assertion you make is one you intend to make, like you might with a scientific paper.
- Concise writing — you naturally seek to find the most elegant way to communicate and eliminate any unnecessary words. You get pleasure from makings sure your writing doesn’t have any throwaway phrases or filler words.
- Work as craft — you get much of your satisfaction from refining and iterating your work until it’s as close to perfect as possible. We’re not looking for someone who primarily gets satisfaction from pumping out content at a high speed.
- Lack of ego — due to the complexity of our subject matter, and the nuanced nature of our market, writing at Clerky often requires a lot of iteration. If you take feedback personally, this probably isn’t a good fit.
- Critical thinker — we seek to learn from what others have done, but use that to inform our thinking from first principles rather than blindly following an established playbook.
This position is for a contractor, at roughly 10-15 hours per week to start. If we turn out to be a good fit for each other, an increased workload and full-time employment are definite possibilities, if those are appealing to you.
Source: Remotely Awesome Jobs, Clerky
Company: Lower Street
Headquarters: London, United Kingdom
We are looking for an experienced script writer to join our growing podcast production team to create amazing shows for SaaS brands and high-ticket consultants.
We are not an agency churning out average interview shows. We’re creatives making stand-out, narrative podcasts for brands that understand the value of growing a passionate audience of listeners.
Work with the very best writers and producers to make industry-leading podcasts.
About the position
- If you have experience researching, writing, and editing stellar scripted content we want to hear from you.
- This is a creative position only. The team already consists of content managers, audio editors, admin assistants, marketers etc. So we’re not expecting you to manage clients or other team members, we don’t need you to touch audio editing software or post a blog to WordPress.
We simply want you to focus on doing your best work unimpeded, working closely with the founder and production team.
You’ll be researching topics, industries, and guests to plan episodes and prep interviewers. Then reading through transcripts of interviews to develop a narrative, story arch, and script, and writing show notes and blog posts to accompany the episodes.
This is a part-time, ongoing freelance position reporting to the content manager, paid per episode written.
The perfect podcast writer for Lower Street:
- is a podcast fanatic. You listen to a ridiculous number of shows, some of which are business, tech, or marketing related.
- loves learning and digging into new subjects and industries.
- knows how to write compelling copy as well as a great story.
- welcomes feedback and is continually improving.
- knows what good podcasts sound like and how to help the client, show host or interviewer improve their delivery or interviewing style.
- understands the editing process and how pacing, sound design/music, and structure can affect the impact of their writing.
- is excited to make the best podcasts on the internet.
- 2+ years experience writing scripted content
- 2+ years experience writing content for brands
- You’re an amazing storyteller and creative writer
- You’re an excellent communicator and work well in a team
- You can work to tight deadlines so that shows never miss schedule
- You have at least a basic understanding of how podcasting can fit into a brand’s content strategy
About Lower Street
We partner with brands to create amazing podcast content.
We’re a small, fully remote boutique agency serving global clients. With a UK HQ, our team is spread over the world.
You’ll be working directly with the founder and our production team to create some of the best branded podcasts out there.
How to apply
Sound good to you? Get in touch.
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the phrase “script writer application” in the title along with 1-3 examples of your best work (scripted content only please – can be a podcast or video) and a brief cover letter explaining why you’re interested in the position.
Source: We Work Remotely, Lower Street
Inside.com is a network of email newsletters. We publish high-quality summaries of the top 10 news stories of the day, ranked in order of importance to our readers. We also do features in each newsletter (think interviews, analysis, etc), and running some breaking news experiments with our new SMS service (https://inside.com/alerts).
Go ahead and signup for a couple of newsletters to get an idea of what we’re working on, three great ones include:
Our team is entirely distributed and working together via SLACK – so you can work from anywhere.
- We are looking for 2-10 years of experience as a journalist doing original reporting. Business reporting experience is a huge plus.
- Stellar self-editing proficiency. While a team of editors will review your work prior to publication, we expect clean, typo-free copy.
- Willingness to move fast, read fast, learn fast, and improve fast
- Exceptional at Twitter and building community. The best writers we have are highly active on twitter, interacting with the most important people in their vertical (see twitter.com/lons for Lon Harris the editor of Inside Streaming as an example).
Are you still reading? Great, maybe you’re a good fit. Please fill out this application and we’ll get back to you soon!
Salary $45-60,000 a year, with paid time off and solid benefits.
Source: We Work Remotely, Inside.com
Headquarters: Miami, Florida, United States
We’re after a copywriter who’s relentlessly curious about business, technology, and language. You’ll be the third writer to join our talented marketing team. (Woohoo!) You’ll help us identify content gaps—then work to fill them with expertly written blog posts, articles, e-books, case studies, and more. The ideal candidate has client-facing experience. No one knows what we’re missing better than our customers, so you’ll speak to them often. Strong writing samples are a must and prior experience in SaaS would make our hearts flutter. You can be located anywhere in the world. If you’re in the Miami area, you’re welcome to join us at the office!
SimpleTexting is the leading web-based platform for SMS marketing and business texting. Our software gives organizations the ability to send marketing campaigns, share important alerts, and provide 1-on-1 customer service using text messages. Thousands of organizations in North America rely on SimpleTexting to connect with their audiences. Our clients include Fortune 500 companies, small businesses, nonprofits, healthcare providers, churches, schools, and more. And with a powerful suite of features that includes segments, autoresponders, data collection and analytics, our platform is designed to help businesses start and scale their engagement through SMS.
- Reach out to new customers, help them see value with SimpleTexting, then write in-depth case studies about their success.
- Build content clusters for specific industries with everything potential users may need to see success with our product. This may include e-books, how-to articles, emails, and more.
- Write 4 to 6 keyword-optimized blog posts every month based on keyword suggestions from our SEO agency and senior management.
- Protect our brand voice and maintain our high standards. Our content stands out amongst our competitors’ because it’s written for humans.
- Anything else we think you would succeed at and would help the company.
Who You Are
- Remote work isn’t for everyone. You can produce strong work on-time with minimal supervision.
- You’re comfortable speaking on the phone to large clients because you’ve done it before.
- You don’t believe in using big words when little ones will do.
- Our users are busy. You know how to get to the point.
- You’re known to triple and quadruple check your work for typos.
- You have an appreciation for how copy and design work together.
- Feedback doesn’t phase you. You enjoy receiving it.
- Proven ability to write long and short-form content, with at least 2 years of experience.
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail.
- Proven ability to collaborate effectively with both internal teams and clients.
- Portfolio of writing samples that are enjoyable to read and have driven conversions.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a related field of study
- You’ve worked for another B2B or SaaS company
Compensation and Benefits
- Above market compensation commensurate with your proven abilities
- Unlimited flexible time-off policy