Headquarters: San Mateo, California, United States
Shogun: A powerful page builder platform for eCommerce stores, and we’re on a mission to empower anyone to easily create high converting eCommerce pages, through a delightful product experience!
Creative, positive and energized by connecting with people on a human level. You love taking on new challenges and leading from a place of service. You care about fostering positive relationships throughout all aspects of your work and managing conversations both on and offline. Sound like you? Read on…
We are looking for a Social Media Community Manager to help scale our brand initiatives by creating and implementing creative solutions. As a branch of our marketing team, you’ll help plan and manage the day-to-day activities for our social media, event, and email strategies to build a community around the Shogun brand!
- Set, plan, and implement social media and communication campaigns and strategies.
- Provide engaging text, image, and video content for all social media and professional accounts.
- Write copy for and manage weekly newsletters
- Monitor, track, and report on feedback.
- Help organize and promote events to boost brand awareness.
- Coordinate with Marketing, Design and Content teams.
- Liaise with Development and Sales departments.
- Respond to customers in a timely manner.
- Build relationships with customers, industry professionals, and journalists.
- Stay up-to-date with digital technology trends.
- 3-4 years work experience in social media or community management.
- Experience planning and leading community initiatives.
- Experience identifying and track relevant community KPIs.
- Proven hands-on experience with social media management.
- Knowledge of online marketing.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Ability to interpret website traffic.
- Attention to detail, critical-thinker and problem-solver.
- Competitive salary
- Competitive equity
- Benefits (Health and PTO)
- A highly skilled and dedicated team that is fun to work with.
- Remote work – We are a fully distributed team that works from anywhere with good internet.
Occasionally we hire on a full time contractor basis to begin with. Team members enjoy the same opportunities for great compensation, full time positions, equity, and consideration, regardless of location.
Shogun supports workplace diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other protected class
Source: We Work Remotely
Headquarters: Miami, Florida, United States
SimpleTexting is the leading web-based platform for SMS marketing and business texting. Our software gives organizations the ability to send marketing campaigns, share important alerts, and provide 1-on-1 customer service using text messages. Thousands of organizations in North America rely on SimpleTexting to connect with their audiences. Our clients include Fortune 500 companies, small businesses, nonprofits, healthcare providers, churches, schools, and more. And with a powerful suite of features that includes segments, autoresponders, data collection and analytics, our platform is designed to help businesses start and scale their engagement through SMS.
SimpleTexting is a fast growing text message marketing and business texting SaaS product company in search of a savvy generalist — a versatile renaissance type individual to help with general management of the business. Activities may include leading new business initiatives, aspects of operations, HR, or even product. The responsibilities below are some of the things that you might be involved in but should not be construed to be a fixed static set of duties for this role — it’s merely a range of possibilities.
- Undertake special projects and initiatives that drive the business. For example, lead the international expansion of SimpleTexting
- Pay close attention to daily operations, recommend and create improved courses of action where necessary
- Establish policies, maintain budgets, and manage operations
- Oversee performance management, while maintaining a highly inclusive culture ensuring team members thrive, and organizational outcomes are met
- Communicating and monitoring key performance indicators (KPIs) for staff members
- Overseeing the monthly financial statement to ensure it is complete, accurate and submitted on time to the directors
- Structure channel partnerships and help onboard enterprise clients with unique challenges
Demonstrable Abilities Required
- A history of ability to conceive and execute on meaningful initiatives
- A history of ability to identify talent and promote it. And a corresponding ability to deselect individuals that are a poor organizational fit
- Ability to zoom between macro and micro, and to apply elbow grease where necessary — not too proud to do “low level” work as a situation may require
- Develop actionable business strategies and plans that ensure alignment with short-term and long-term objectives, created in tandem with Company Leadership
- Confident decision maker, with a solid grasp of data & analytics, and performance metrics
- Analyze internal operations and identify areas of process enhancement
- Proven and demonstrable experience in achieving revenue growth
Not Required, but a Plus
- Masters degree in business or related field
- Experience in the telephony and/or messaging space
- Coming from an organization effectively using OKRs or EOS
- Computer Science fluency
- Experience with subscription software and freemium products, additional plus if horizontal SaaS
- Fluent Russian speaker
Remote – must be available to work primarily US hours
- This is a full-time remote position
- Unlimited flexible paid time time-off policy
- 100% medical coverage
Source: We Work Remotely
Company: BBE Marketing Inc
Headquarters: Hurst, Texas, United States
Looking to hire a “highly detailed” virtual assistant. The virtual assistant needs to also be very organized, and will be responsible for a range of tasks, and also reminding me of different things to do. The person needs to be available to work from 8am PST time to 6pm PST time, and be available to work some weekends. This job may require you to work 50+ hours in a week depending on deadlines, and projects. This is a full-time position.
We are looking for applicants worldwide.
- Scheduling meetings
- Managing time-off for employees
- Helping to on-board new employees
- Schedule and book flights
- Research contact info
- Take meeting notes
- Creating reports
- Help manage online marketing campaigns
- Helping in managing online projects and contractors
- Able to make calls when needed
- Manage my calendar
- Prioritize the tasks and meetings that are most important for team
- Helping to communicate to team prioritized tasks, and monthly goals
- Upload blog posts
- Answer customer service emails
- Help manage resumes and store resumes for later
- Schedule interviews
- Excellent time management skills
- Very Strong Attention To Detail
- Solid organizational skills
- Strong Communication skills
- Strong writing abilities
- Ability to work effectively within a team.
- Strong work ethic
- Need to be available to respond to inquiries outside of hours
- Courage to give honest feedback and also take honest feedback
- Take ownership, and come up with ideas to improve our company
- Take time to learn about our industry, customers, and our partners
- You are thoughtful and clear in your writing.
- You have strong problem solving skills and critical thinking abilities.
Source: We Work Remotely, BBE Marketing Inc
Headquarters: San Francisco, California, United States
Imagine a product that reached over a million users without a sales team. That same product is at the edge of where careers are headed, where every person becomes their own brand with limitless growth potential ahead. That’s the opportunity at vidIQ – an infinite market, a large and highly engaged customer base, and the chance to help build vidIQ’s sales and growth engine from the ground up.
Why this Role?
- Join a truly global, remote team: Work from anywhere! Have co-workers all around the world. Get the opportunity to travel for events and company meetups.
- Sell a product people love that solves real problems: Creators around the world use vidIQ to manage huge 8 figure subscriber YouTube channels – but your friends and family just starting out on YouTube use it to gather ideas, find opportunities, and dig into what’s working for these mega channels.
- Meaningfully shape our future product: As you engage with customers, you’ll gain insights to help us serve them better — and work with products to inform what we do next.
- Join a fantastic team at a magical time: We’ve hit profitability and over a million users with a small team, which gives us a huge green field to work with. You’ll join at the perfect time to shape how we grow from here.
- Elevate your skills as we tackle our most impactful challenges: We continually re-invest back into our company and our team members we practice continuous never ending improvement— and there’s so much more to do and learn.
We want to empower Creators. We help creators on their journey to being better video creators through tools and training.
Just about every single human on this planet loves to listen to stories, to experience them, and some to tell them. Because of the opportunity the internet gives us where people are able to build businesses while in the comfort of their own home, a lot of people are seeking this opportunity and many of them, with amazing stories, are giving up too fast. There’s too much bad information out there on how creators become successful, how they build their audiences. vidIQ challenges this status quo by giving creators the tools and knowledge needed to grow their audiences faster by enabling them to uncover their own opportunities by just using vidIQ.
We believe that by equipping people with the best tools and education to solve their own problems, we can tackle the whole world’s problems.
The best way to understand vidIQ is to play with the product: http://www.vidiq.com/extension
We’ve heard vidIQ described many ways. It can be the tool that you use to manage your YouTube channel, making deep analytical insights accessible that saves dozens of hours a week. When someone attends any of our live streams or academy, it’s the education every creator needs to be successful. We’re also known as the best video keyword research tool available to many folks. At vidIQ’s core, it’s a tool that gives creators what they need to navigate toward the success they want to have because of the tools and education made readily available.
So, what will you do at vidIQ in this Customer Success Associate role?
- Maintain and expand vidIQ’s existing customer base by owning specific customer accounts
- Learn our product inside and out and help your customers drive business outcomes
- Onboard new customers
- Perform channel audits
- Proactively identify customers who aren’t maximizing their opportunity with our product/service and reach out to coach them and create an action plan to help them achieve success
- Collaborate with our Sales team to manage renewals and expansions
- Surface opportunities to expand existing accounts when it’s right for the customer
This might be for you if…
- You are a Creator yourself, and recently grew a Youtube channel
- You have tremendous empathy
- You are bilingual (fluent writing and speaking in at least 1 other language besides English)
- You have a track record of high achievement in your current Account Management or Customer Success roles
- You have a growth mindset and view setbacks as learning opportunities, not failures
- You can put yourself in others’ shoes and see situations from perspectives other than your own
- You’re motivated by seeing others succeed and grow when you partner with them
- You’re highly adaptable, easily acclimating to a rapidly changing business and industry
- Strong intrinsic motivation to be a top performer and contribute to a team
- You love getting to know new people and helping them solve their business problems
What benefits can I expect?
- This is a 100% remote position, work from anywhere you like.
- A flexible work schedule where you decide which hours to work. We expect an average commitment of 40 hours per week.
- We offer a generous vacation policy of taking time when you need it.
- Most team members take 4–5 weeks of time off per year.
- Team retreats every year! Past trips have been to Spain, Portugal, and other amazing places.
- Work with amazing people around the world.
- Huge impact in the Creator Ecosystem.
- Matched or exceed market salary in the country you live in.
- Support your professional development and will pay for relevant courses and conferences
If you’re excited about this, we’d love to talk to you. Use the “Apply” button below to get in touch with us.
Source: We Work Remotely, vidIQ
Headquarters: Malmö, Sweden
Who You Are
- Learning new things is your second nature.
- You’ve accomplished plenty and made enough mistakes to consider yourself experienced.
- You have an innate drive to ship your code and we trust you’ll do it properly.
We want to offer the best possible experience for not only those in need of healthcare, but also those who deliver the care and we need your help to make it happen.
Kind is a software company providing a cloud-based platform to healthcare clinics. We want everyone to have easy access to great healthcare. Therefore we are developing a secure platform for patient communication, knowledge sharing and tools that are easy to implement and use.
Source: Remotely Awesome Jobs, Stack Overflow, Kind
Headquarters: New York, United States
Ceros is an experiential content platform that empowers the creation of bespoke, immersive digital content without code. We’re passionate about helping companies transform their static digital content into engaging experiences. From custom interactive microcontent, to immersive event microsites, you can build it with Ceros. Publish and update live content instantly, and embed it into your site instantly. Join us in ending the endless creation of static content and be part of the movement towards meaningful content experiences.
We are well-funded and venture-backed by prominent investors including Grotech Ventures, Greycroft, and Starvest Partners.
About the Product
Designing and building the Ceros platform is not an easy task. We require the best-of-the-best web developers, designers, and QA testers, ready to bring the functionality of desktop software to the web, often pushing web browsers to the limits of what’s currently possible.
We’re not language zealots. We believe in using the right tool for the job, and our current server-side infrastructure runs PHP, Node.js, Redis, AWS Aurora, Docker, Jenkins, etc. on the Amazon AWS cloud.
About the Team
As part of the Ceros product team, you’ll be working with a small, cross-functional group of the most talented people you’ve ever worked with. We hire only passionate and creative people with a proven and unquestionable ability to execute, and every member of the team is equally responsible for moving the product forward.
We have a dynamic company culture that collaborates daily. We care deeply about the user experience, and we debate passionately about our ideas. When you work at Ceros, you check your ego at the door, and you aren’t afraid to be honest, especially to yourself. We take our jobs seriously but ourselves not so much — whether it’s cracking jokes in the chat room or poking fun at the CEO’s atrocious spelling.
About the Job
Working completely from home, you’ll be communicating often through chat rooms, email, and video conferencing. We offer flexible working hours and an extremely flexible vacation policy. And we provide excellent gear (15” Macbook Pro, iPad, external monitor, etc.).
As a Sr. Full Stack Developer, your typical day-to-day involves:
- writing maintainable code (probably goes without saying)
- having your day ruined by functional QA testers who find every bug you write
- planning and leading high-complexity stories and epics
- reviewing story docs and offering insights on impacts to other parts of the application
- performing code reviews and helping to enforce our code and architectural standards
- participating as a primary on-call resource for service disruptions
- handling superfriend responsibilities with minimal assistance
- acting as release owner
- mentoring other developers
- suggesting new technologies and techniques to improve developer productivity
- agonizing over the user experience until even a trained monkey could use the product
- collaborating with and mentoring your peers on security best practices
- and finally, deploying your code to production and seeing the customer create something amazing and beautiful with it.
Key Things to Know
- This is a remote role
- We want you to start ASAP
- This is a full-time position
- Competitive salary
- Unlimited vacation days
- Stock options
- Premium health insurance
- Excellent gear (15” Macbook Pro, iPad, external monitor, etc.)
Source: Remotely Awesome Jobs, Stack Overflow, Ceros
Headquarters: Vilnius, Lithuania
The no-code revolution is coming, but there’s a catch! No-code tools need developers! The complexity of building and maintaining a no-code platform requires a team of exceptional and highly-skilled developers. That’s where you come in.
Ycode is a new visual programming tool that empowers people of all skill levels to build and host advanced web apps without writing any code themselves. We’re taking away the repetitive tasks from developers so they can focus on the more innovative projects within their organization.
Are you a developer who prefers solving complex problems on a day-to-day basis rather than building forms and grids all day?
To achieve our vision for Ycode, we need people on our team who are passionate and great at what they do. We’re looking for you!
Why work on Ycode?
This is not your typical web app project. We’re developing something that is completely unique to the marketplace. If that doesn’t get you fired up, here are 6 more reasons you should apply:
You’ll help change the IT world forever
Join the #nocode movement! Along with our talented team, you’ll help change how software is built. Ycode automates tasks and provides building blocks so people who don’t know how to code can create web apps.
You’ll influence the end product
Get involved in the very early stages! We need someone to offer new ideas, contribute to the overall planning and have a direct influence on the product build.
You’ll work with a clean codebase
We adhere to the latest best practices of development and with continuous integration (drone.io), so you can always rely on a clean codebase to work with. The technology stack includes Laravel, Vue.js, PostgreSQL, Nuxt.js, Tailwind CSS, Google Cloud and Docker. We work in sprints and manage projects in Github using issues, projects, pull requests and reviews.
You’ll take ownership
We never micromanage and try not to interrupt your work with random tasks. We expect you to take full responsibility and ownership for the stuff you build.
You’ll have access to experts
Our developer team has lots of proven experience in web development. Whenever you’re stuck, your teammates are eager to help you grow. And they’d love for you to share your knowledge too!
You’ll pick where you want to work, every day
We embrace the remote work culture. While some of the team works from an office in Vilnius, most are spread around the world. Every day you get to choose what environment makes you most productive.
- You’ve worked as a full-time developer for at least 2 years
- You’ve built web apps using Laravel and Vue.js
- Familiarity with HTTP-based APIs
- QA knowledge in writing unit and acceptance tests
- Problem-solving mindset
- Outstanding attention to detail (if you apply, include the word “no-code” somewhere in your email)
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to work with teams across multiple time zones and countries
What we offer
- Competitive salary: $50,000-$60,000 (gross)
- Remote-first culture with some of the team in Vilnius, Lithuania and the others working remotely from all over the world
- Office or remote? You get to choose every day
- Free healthy lunches, snacks and coffee in the Vilnius office
- Company-paid retreats that we call workations. We gather twice a year for a week in an exotic location to work, learn and have fun together
- Generous vacation policy. Take time off when you need it. We trust you.
- Company-paid creative days. Go out explore and share your discoveries with the team afterward.
- MacBook Pro and other tools that’ll help you to do your job efficiently.
Please don’t send us your CV. Instead, simply send us an email with the below information to email@example.com
Things we want to see in your email:
- The title of this role in your email subject line
- How you heard about this job
- Links to your LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and/or personal homepage
- Links to your source code on GitHub
- Previous companies you worked for, your role, projects you worked on and the technology stack you used
- Why you want to join Ycode
- Your remote work experience
- Your description of a project or product that you loved working on and why
We wish you all the best of luck!
Source: Remotely Awesome Jobs, We Work Remotely, Ycode
Headquarters: San Francisco, California, United States
DoubleGDP aims to create better places in the world to live, work, and play by building an end-to-end platform to connect cities and their constituents. For new cities and property developers we help attract great residents, run municipal services efficiently, improve services over time, enable trust and reduce corruption, and adopt best practices from others.
For their residents we provide convenient ways to access city services, manage taxes and payments, obtain permits for businesses, events, or development, and share feedback with administrators. We believe that an integrated SaaS platform will provide the cornerstone for modern cities to grow rapidly, adapt quickly to changing needs, and be cost-effective and accountable in their delivery of excellent service.
We also believe that the best way for us to deliver on this vision is through an all-remote company that empowers employees and customers through its values of results, transparency, and diversity. More about us is available at https://doublegdp.com.
We are looking for programmers with strong experience in Ruby and React. To succeed as a Backend Engineer, you should be focused on building a better, more efficient program and enabling clean structures and algorithms for flexible business logic. You should be knowledgeable, collaborative, and motivated.
- Compile and analyze data, processes, and codes to troubleshoot problems and identify areas for improvement.
- Collaborating with the front-end developers and other team members to establish objectives and design more functional, cohesive code to enhance the user experience.
- Developing ideas for new programs, products, or features by monitoring industry developments and trends.
- Recording data and reporting it to proper parties, such as clients or leadership.
- Participating in continuing education and training to remain current on best practices, learn new programming languages, and better assist other team members.
- Establishing protocols and frameworks for other developers to leverage
- Writing tests and setting code standards
- 5+ years of work experience as a software engineer
- Experience building and deploying high-capacity applications in cloud environments (AWS or Heroku)
- Experience with SQL, Postgres, Redis, Elasticsearch and or Redshift, CodeBuild & CodeDeploy, Lambda, S3, API Gateway, Unix command-line navigation, Git / Github
- Focus on efficiency, user experience, and process improvement.
- Ability to work well with geographically distributed teams as well as highly collaborative environments.
- Strong problem solving, verbal and written communication skills, and comfort with ambiguity.
- Believer in Test Driven Development and Continuous Integration
Note: our company is all remote and you may work anywhere in the world while doing this job.
Source: Remotely Awesome Jobs, Stack Overflow, DoubleGDP
Company: Defiant Inc
We are looking for a contract UX Designer to create web experiences that are intuitive, attractive, modern and usable.
In this role, you should be an analytical and creative designer who is able to understand the value an application offers to the end-user, the challenges of making that value available in an intuitive way, and you should be able to come up with creative ways to solve that challenge.
A strong portfolio of successful UX and other technical projects is essential. You will also need to be technical enough to have an informed conversation with the engineering team about the application, how it works and the technical challenges of creating user interface flows and elements.
Ultimately, you will make our products more user-friendly and intuitive to attract and retain customers.
This role will have you working on a specific product within the Defiant team. We’ll share more details with top candidates and ask for a brief proposal.
- Plan and conduct user research and industry analysis
- Interpret data and qualitative feedback
- Create user stories, personas, and storyboards
- Determine process flow with an eye for reducing friction
- Create prototypes and wireframes
- Conduct usability testing
- Combine UX thinking with design execution, to produce usable and intuitive user interfaces that drive conversions
- Plan and run user tests and other design research to inform design decisions
- Collaborate with the rest of the team to ensure visual cohesion and engineering efficiency across all user touchpoints
- Communicate design solutions to engineers and stakeholders
- Design and prototype elegant solutions for web and mobile apps
- Understand user needs
- Work within brand guidelines to create layouts that reinforce a brand’s style or voice through its visual touchpoints
Skills and requirements
- A strong command of contemporary UX design tools
- Experience with usability testing
- Background in designing for web-based interfaces with proven mastery of responsive design
- Problem-solving and analytical skills with attention to detail
- A solid foundation in layout and design
- A solid technical background and knowledge base
You’ll work with a team that is friendly, fast-moving, and highly capable with a sense of humor. There’s no micromanagement here—we trust that you will see tasks through to completion and communicate with your fellow team members when needed or ask for help when needed.
At Defiant, ‘trust’ is the attribute we value most highly among our team members.
This contract role is contingent on successful completion of a background check. The results of the background check are considered as they relate to the position and do not automatically disqualify someone from a contract offer with the company.
- An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience creating user-centered design solutions.
- Ability to follow brand guidelines and use good judgement to produce digital and print content.
- Ability to quickly understand and grasp topics and concepts related to the web security industry.
- Strong verbal and written English skills.
- Effective time management and attention to detail.
- An enthusiastic “everything is possible” attitude. Ability to see opportunity when problems arise.
- A fast and reliable internet connection.
Note: This contract role is contingent on successful completion of a background check. The results of the background check are considered as they relate to the position and do not automatically disqualify someone from a contract offer with the company.
Source: Remotely Awesome Jobs, Stack Overflow, Defiant Inc
Company: Carbon Relay
Headquarters: Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Carbon Relay is a world-class team focused on harnessing the power of machine learning to optimize Kubernetes. Our innovative platform allows organizations to boost application performance while keeping costs down. We recently completed a major fundraising round and are scaling up rapidly to turn our vision into reality. This position is perfect for someone who wants to get in on the ground floor at a startup that moves fast, tackles hard problems, and has fun!
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to build the next generation of Kubernetes optimization products. You will make our products scale efficiently and work closely with our machine learning team to bring products from R&D into production.
- Designing and implementing features as part of a Kubernetes CRD
- Working alongside our machine learning team to create new products
- Required qualifications
- 3-5 years of software engineering experience
- Proficiency in Go
- Familiarity with Kubernetes and containerization
- Experience shipping and maintaining software products
Experience building components to extend Kubernetes (CRDs, controllers, scheduler extensions, etc)
Why join Carbon Relay:
- Competitive salary plus equity
- Health, dental, vision and life insurance
- Unlimited vacation policy (and we do really take vacations)
- Ability to work remotely
- Snacks, lunches and all the typical benefits you would expect from a well-funded, fun startup!
Source: Remotely Awesome Jobs, Carbon Relay