Company: Inbound FinTech
Headquarters: London, England
We are looking for a Senior Inbound Marketing Strategist to join our expanding team, focusing on HubSpot support and client management. Preferably with agency experience, the ideal candidate will be ambitious, a great communicator and looking to take the next step in developing their career.
The Senior Inbound Marketing Strategist will deliver marketing strategies, help our clients with identifying strategic quick-wins and manage the projects from a client and agency perspective.
- Account Management: planning campaigns and working closely with clients to develop new ideas and content, highlighting and implementing quick wins and reporting back to the client and internally on progress and impact.
- Project Management: managing marketing strategy development and implementation, web design and development projects (work closely with the design and development teams), and deliver based on the SLA with the client.
- Content Creation: Planning, researching and writing copy including blog posts, whitepapers. eBooks, Infographics, pillar pages and other types of content for thought leadership purposed and lead generation.
- Content Management & CMS Management: publishing new content, optimising existing landing pages and blog posts and making sure that everything hits the mark from an SEO perspective.
- SEO: work closely with the SEO team in order to drive improvements on keyword rankings and conversion rate optimisation.
- PPC: setting up ads, audiences, developing creatives and promoting content by using the appropriate channels to reach the right audience and generate new qualified leads.
- HubSpot Account Updates & Implementation: making sure client portals are up to date and are following best practices when it comes to inbound.
- Reporting: crafting monthly reports for each client, showcasing the progress and results.
- Extensive knowledge of HubSpot
- Ability to showcase and use HubSpot to improve organic lead generation and sales.
- Being familiar with activities that will include setting up new client portals, creating landing pages, TYPs, workflows, lead flows, reports, sales enablement projects, etc – all by using HubSpot and other, related platforms.
- Knowledge of Google Ads, LinkedIn Campaign manager and other Ad Platforms.
- We are looking for someone who is very hands on and able to actively deliver the best use of the marketing platforms used.
To excel in this role you will need:
- Minimum 2+ years experience in a client-facing/account management role or inbound company role
- Strong knowledge of the media/digital landscape. Previous experience working in a digital marketing agency is a plus, but not essential
- Advanced knowledge of Inbound Marketing
- Must be business savvy with consultative, problem solving, and issue-resolution skills
- Experience using a wide variety of platforms on a daily basis (i.e. Marketing tools, CRM, automation, reporting)
- Motivated self-starter who wants to learn and with a proven track record of achieving results while balancing demanding expectations
- Super organized, quick learner who works well under pressure
- A proven ability to communicate effectively via Zoom and email
- It’s easy for you to build and maintain relationships, manage expectations, identify issues that require escalation and dealing with cancellations
- PPC knowledge and Google Ads/Facebook certs are a bonus
In return you will receive:
- Generous remuneration
- 20 days paid holidays + 8 bank holidays
- A fantastic work environment
- Work from home/office balance
- Training & conference opportunities
Source: We Work Remotely, Inbound FinTech
Company: Tooth and Coin
Headquarters: Little Rock, Arkansas, United States
We’re looking for an Account Manager to join our team at Tooth and Coin. Do you have accounting experience and have skills in the following:
- Bookkeeping for multiple small businesses through accounting software
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
- Ability to self-manage time
- Working in a team environment
- Being customer service oriented and a great communicator
- Willingness to learn and improve
Are you wired to help others succeed and motivated to be the best you can be at work? Do you think analytically, not discouraged by multiple deadlines, and able to empathize with clients and able to understand their frustrations and needs?
Awesome… Keep reading
The main duties for the account manager are similar to that of an account manager on our team and those are:
Goals for the Account Manager Role (with training)
- To serve as a client-facing role in terms of delivering accounting reports to the client.
- To serve as a second set of eyes on the transactions of our client’s dental practice to catch any potential bookkeeping errors. (See examples of bookkeeping errors that have been found)
- To communicate with our clients how their practice is doing in terms of dollars and cents.
- To automate the accounting for the financials of the dental practice.
- To answer any questions the client has in terms of their accounting.
- To provide timely reporting to the client.
- Assist the accounting coordinator with researching any accounting or tax issues that come up in performing their job.
For Monthly Reporting (with training)
- Review all transactions from each client’s bank account for proper account classification.
- Review Balance Sheet accounts for any unusual balances.
- Prepare a Management Report for each month to allow for clarity of the practice’s results.
- If no Management Report is issued then a no report issued statement is issued.
- Submit ask client questions on transactions that have been flagged as uncertain.
- Prepare Journal Entries to close out each month.
Throughout the Year (with training)
- Provide Payroll guidance as needed
- Prepare Sales Tax Returns as needed
- Work with gathering supporting documents for balance sheet items and supporting schedules
- Share wins that the client has had with the rest of the Tooth and Coin team so that we can all celebrate
- Assist with onboarding new clients into the Accounting department
End of the Year (with training)
- Assist the tax team with closing the financials for the year, allowing for tax journal entries to be completed that lead to the tax return being completed.
- Assist the client with 1099 processing, as needed.
Keys to Success
- Over 90% of Management Reports are issued by the 10th business day of the month.
- 100% of Reports are issued by the 15th business day of the month. (Whether a Management Report or No Report Issued)
- The client is contacted through email or phone at least twice a month.
- The client is contacted by phone at least once a quarter.
- A win is celebrated with each client once a year.
- Is able to eventually handle 30-45 clients a month.
How much does this position pay (range)
$37,500-$47,500 per year, depending on experience
- 50% of individual health insurance company paid with HSA available
- 100% of vision insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- STD/LTD insurance paid
- Up to a 4% match on 401k
- Computer equipment provided
- Flexible work hours
- Fully virtual job
Source: We Work Remotely
Headquarters: Berlin, Germany
Salary: 50.000 € to 70.000 € / year
Our company mission is to map the internet’s attention flows and create transparency about how society assigns credibility to information, people and institutions
What we’re working on
We are building an influence algorithm. In other words, we are trying to find ways to describe groups of people mathematically. Many tried and failed before. But we think we can make it work.
Our core hypothesis is that influence can be quantified by tracking attention flows. In order to do that, we ingest data streams from multiple sources (we started with Twitter and are now indexing podcasts and soon more). We then cross-reference these datasets in an attempt to continuously improve the accuracy of our algorithm.
The accuracy of our work is being verified by members of the groups that we aim to describe. We publish our results in real-time and there are thousands of people already using our scores. It is hard to verify when we are right. But it is very easy to tell when we are wrong. This short feedback loop puts us in a unique position to work on problems that might be much harder or impossible to solve somewhere else.
We are a small, VC-funded startup. We are a remote-first team. Most of the team is based in Europe (Berlin, London). You can make your own hours, but everybody is expected to be online during office hours in CET. We try to meet in person and work together for several days at least every 3 months. Other than that the company ‘lives’ in Slack, Notion and other tools enabling effective communication.
About this role
Your main responsibility will be the design, implementation and continuous development of our data architecture.
We leverage heterogeneous data streams (Twitter API, RSS feeds, …) and therefore rely on non-relational databases as the central technology in data warehousing and processing. Deep familiarity with NRDBS (e.g. ArangoDB) in clustered architectures is what we are looking for the most in a candidate.
As owner of our data architecture, you will develop a deep understanding of the problems we are trying to solve with data, as well as our company’s strategic direction and make design and implementation decisions accordingly.
This role is crucial for our company and we will ensure that the successful applicant enjoys the full support of our experienced team of developers and algorithm architects.
Additionally, you will also interface closely with our developers and algorithm architects in peripheral tasks up- and downstream from our DBS, such as
- Designing, launching and maintaining crawlers to tap into new data streams from various APIs
- Specifying data requirements and pre-processing routines as well as generating features from raw data
- Relating and matching entities from different data streams
- Measuring and ensuring data quality
- Developing solutions for automatic labeling of data based on machine learning
- Proficiency in *nix and Python
- Extensive experience with relational and non-relational databases (ideally ArangoDB) in clustered architectures
- Experience with the AWS ecosystem
- Experience utilizing 3rd party APIs for web scraping
- Good communication & writing skills
Great to have
- Experience working with API’s & RSS feeds
- Interest and familiarity with latest developments in Deep Learning and general AI
Don’t apply if
- You get defensive about your ideas
- You need somebody else to organize your work
- You’d rather not talk to people
Do apply if
- You use precise language and you insist that others do to
- You are happy to drop an idea if circumstances have changed and it’s no longer the best solution
- You look for systemic flaws in systems and you are proactive in preventing them
The job is full time permanent. If you work from Germany, you will need a German work permit and you will get an employment contract, if you work from somewhere else in the world, you will work as a freelancer, and need to fulfill the legal requirements for freelancing in your country.
If you work from Berlin, you can work from our Berlin office, located in Mitte.
How to Apply
Please use the apply button. In the confirmation email you will get a link to a typeform with some task related questions. We think that your answers tell us way more about you than a CV or cover letter ever could.
If you take your time to answer the questions, we will get back to you within a couple of days. If you don’t take your time to answer the questions, we will not move forward with you.
Source: Remoters, Hive
Headquarters: Palo Alto, California, United States
Xapo is a global fintech start-up on a mission to build a safe and global way to use money. We’re a fully distributed team, working remotely from more than 40 countries around the world.
We’re seeking a collaborative, proactive problem-solver to join us as NodeJS Developer at Xapo. This full-time position is fully remote, meaning you can work from anywhere! Xapo has been working remotely for many years.
As NodeJS Developer, you will work with a highly specialized, multidisciplinary team that handles the complete development lifecycle of a product, from envisioning to production deployment.
- Building high-quality software components that fulfill defined functional specifications and fit within architectural designs.
- Working autonomously, following a defined plan and achieving goals according to schedule.
- Participating in the design, testing, and deployment of your code.
- 5+ years’ experience in web services backend development.
- Good development and tuning skills for MySQL, Mongo and Redis.
- API building and consuming experience.
- Self-motivated, with initiative and enthusiasm, willing to work hard within a remote team.
- Experience working by plan and objectives in autonomous mode.
- Good communication skills and remote teamwork experience.
- Strong communication skills in English.
- Experience within Fintech and knowledge about Bitcoin would be ideal.
NICE TO HAVE
- Frontend development;
- React.JS proven application development experience.
- Platform and libraries;
- Experience using Linux, Docker.
- Experience using Git, BitBucket, Jira.
- Capable of documenting and diagramming functional flows and architectures.
- Experience with other major development language and frameworks like C, C++, Java or .NET, Node.js.
- Experience with other front-end frameworks like Prototype, Underscore.js, etc.
- Mobile development knowledge.
- A dedicated workspace.
- A reliable internet connection with the fastest speed possible in your area.
- Devices and other essential equipment that meet minimal technical specifications.
- Alignment with Our Values.
WHY WORK FOR XAPO?
- Shape the Future: Improve lives through cutting-edge technology, work remotely from anywhere in the world.
- Own Your Success: Receive attractive remuneration, enjoy an autonomous work culture and flexible hours, apply your expertise to meaningful work every day.
- Expect Excellence: Collaborate, learn, and grow with a high-performance team.
Xapo was founded to address two of the biggest issues with Bitcoin’s success and adoption—accessibility and security. In less than 4 years, it has managed to bring the cryptocurrency to the everyday life of millions of users around the globe.
Today, Xapo is expanding beyond Bitcoin to create a robust banking alternative that provides the same level of accessibility and security to all facets of your financial life. Because no matter who we are or where we’re from, we all deserve the opportunity to have more options, more control and more security in our financial lives.
Launched in 2014, Xapo has made an unparalleled investment in security infrastructure, assembled a renowned advisory board, and raised $40M from top venture capital firms in Silicon Valley & the world.
Xapo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe a team that represents a variety of backgrounds and perspectives is critical to our success as a global company. A diverse, inclusive workplace enables us to create products that best serve our customers all around the world. It is the foundation of Xapo.
Source: Remote Global, Xapo
Headquarters: San Francisco, California, United States
As a senior backend developer at Baremetrics, you will be working on a variety of projects from payment provider integrations and data ingestion to metrics processing and user-facing features.
We’re a very small team with a huge bias for simplicity. Baremetrics has grown to its current state with just 2 backend developers. You’ll be working on projects, large and small, from inception to completion.
We approach our work with focus and purpose in an environment of trust and autonomy. When we work on a difficult problem, we take the time to think through and research the possible solutions and then write an implementation plan. Sometimes that may also include some tinkering.
The stack you’ll use
On a base level, there are just a few crucial skills…
- Deep experience with Ruby
- Advanced SQL Query optimization and schema design
- Comfortable exploring and learning new technologies
- All of our code lives in a mono repo and all of our backend code is written in Ruby. Postgres is our main database and our frontend is moving towards a single-page application written in Vue and Typescript. You should feel comfortable exploring and learning new technologies and languages.
The way we work
You are free to work from anywhere and choose your own hours. Much of our product team are located in Europe, but the team as a whole is spread across five countries and many timezones. Our general cadence is two-week product sprints followed by a bug week. Bug weeks can also include chores, refactoring or customer support.
The work to be done
We have interesting engineering challenges and exciting plans for the future of the product, much of which revolves around processing and finding insights in large data sets.
Here are some examples of the type of problems you would work on:
- Rewrite our Stripe integration from scratch
- Investigate metric discrepancies reported by customers and fix them at the root cause
- Work on making customer segmentation 10,000x faster
- Investigate and fix a race condition in our Messaging Code
- Implement a new user-facing product feature
- Develop tooling to surface business insights across many terabytes of data
You have a strong track record of shipping great products using Ruby. You understand the language in depth. You should also be experienced in SQL query optimization and designing efficient schemas, as that’s a big part of our core business logic.
We expect you to be self-motivated and self-directed, a strong individual contributor and true “manager of one”. Almost all of our communication happens in writing and while we do sometimes pair program, what we don’t do is “meetings”. It is important that you are a good writer and effective communicator.
The hiring process
There are a few stages in the hiring process. We know how nerve racking applying for a new job can be and we want to make it as smooth and enjoyable as possible. We’re looking to make an offer to someone no later than September 30.
- Stage 1: Initial application & questions — You’ll send in your basic info and answer a few questions about your experience and skills. If we believe you’d be a good fit based on that initial application, we’ll dive in with a few more questions to learn more about you, what you want out of your career and how we can help you be successful.
- Stage 2: Test Project — We’ll do a test project to learn about how you approach problem-solving as well as to get a feel for your coding style. They will take up to a few hours to complete.
- Stage 3: Interviews — You’ll having a video interview with someone on the engineering team to talk through your test project. You’ll then do a final video interview with our CEO to talk about company culture, benefits, perks, and the future of the company as well as to answer any questions you have.
- Stage 4: Job Offer — After consulting a few of your references, we’ll make an offer and hope that you’ll join the team!
Baremetrics is a business analytics & insights company. We provide the tools and data businesses need to make solid business decisions.
Founded in 2013, we’re working hard to help businesses spend less time crunching numbers and looking at spreadsheets and instead give them instant access to metrics and business insights that they need to run their businesses.
We’re not some flash-in-the-pan startup…we’re seven years old, profitable, doing over $1.5M in revenue and growing. Nearly 1,000 business from all over the world trust us to help them grow their businesses.
We’re looking for folks who like to solve problems and build a business and product that people genuinely love to interact with.
Read about working at Baremetrics: https://baremetrics.com/about
- Work from anywhere (we’re 100% remote)
- Minimum vacation policy
- Salary range of $100k-140k
- Bonus structure
- Flexible work hours
- Full health, vision & dental insurance for you and your family
- Annual company meetups
- Kindle Paperwhite + Unlimited Books
- Monthly “remote stipend” that you can use for anything
Source: Remote OK, Baremetrics
Headquarters: Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
Paperpile helps researchers to find, organize, read, and write academic papers.
In addition to our web app, we have recently introduced mobile apps for iOS and Android and a new product BibGuru for students. We are signing up thousands of new users every day.
Our user-base is growing fast, and so is the team around it.
- You will be the first in our company with a specific focus on data, analysis, and growth. As part of a small team everything you do matters. You only work on stuff that has a direct big impact on the growth of our products.
- Work from anywhere on your own schedule. We are a remote-only company since 2014 and collaborate efficiently with tools like Slack, Zoom and Notion.
- Work with an interesting and diverse community of academics. Our customers use Paperpile to study climate change, cancer or medieval history. You interact with them every day to understand how we can make their work more productive.
- This job is fully remote but we only hire in European timezones for this position.
- Analyze all different types of company data (user behaviour, payment and accounting data, marketing data, server logs, …)
- Integrating data from various sources
- Clean, enhance and convert data
- Visualize data with charts and dashboards
- Generate actionable hypotheses and insights
- Answer specific business and marketing related questions
- Design, implement, run, and analyze
- Product onboarding flows
- Paid advertising campaigns
- Social media campaigns
- Email and push notification campaigns
- A/B tests
- A solid understanding and intuition of statistics and data science
- Fluent in a data programming language such as Python, Julia, R
- Experience in online marketing and “growth hacking”
- Experience with Google Analytics, Mixpanel, and similar analytics platforms
More useful experience
- Background in academic research
- SaaS marketing
- Machine learning
- MongoDB, ElasticSearch
- NodeJS, TypeScript
- Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3, …)
If you come from academic research and don’t have a marketing background we still encourage you to apply. All founders of Paperpile have been in academic research before.
Source: Best Remote Job
Company: Alt & Dot
Headquarters: New York, United States
We’re looking for experienced Front End Developers with Shopify expertise to join our global remote team. If you’re interested in creating real value for merchants while working from anywhere in the world, then read on!
- You value quality. You take pride in writing code that is concise, readable, and performant. You have an eye for great design. You’re always looking for opportunities to grow and improve.
- You’re focused on results. You can see the bigger picture and how your work fits into it. You get excited to transform ideas into pragmatic code. You’re comfortable asking the difficult questions.
- You love empowering others. You’re an excellent and patient communicator. You enjoy putting your expertise to use to help teammates and clients. You’re passionate about documenting your knowledge and work.
About Alt & Dot
Founded in NYC by a Canadian developer and a Californian designer, we’re a remote-first agency crafting Shopify solutions for high-growth ecommerce merchants. We pride ourselves on partnering with clients to deliver solutions that solve real problems and create tangible value.
We’re excited to work with talented and empathetic people no matter their race, religion, nationality, sex, physical or mental disability, or age. We believe that when we work together, we will build amazing things!
About The Role
This is a contract-to-hire position, hours are flexible.
Things you’ll do:
- Build custom Shopify themes from the ground up
- Implement new features or improve UI/UX on existing Shopify themes
- Collaborate with cross-disciplinary teams
- Support the planning and scoping of new features and projects
- Provide input on a range of topics, from accessibility to performance
- Contribute to internal documentation and shared code libraries
Things we’ll do for you:
- Offer flexible working hours
- Equip you with the tools needed to excel in your role
- Encourage continuous learning through a curiosity stipend
- Sponsor conferences and events
- Host remote team building events (and future in-person retreats)
You’ll succeed with…
- Native-level English fluency
- 2+ years experience in Shopify web development
- Experience with version control and modern build technologies
- Expertise in authoring responsive, cross-browser compatible code
- Ability to self-manage
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- Experience working as part of a remote team
- Other skills we’re interested in…
We would be interested in hearing from Front End Developers with experience in any of the following areas:
- Experience authoring Shopify themes from scratch
- Familiarity with WCAG and accessibility best practices
- Familiarity with performance testing and optimization
- Familiarity with SEO best practices
- Familiarity with analytics tools such as Google Analytics, GTM
- Familiarity with CRO and related tools such as Google Optimize
- Experience with Shopify API and SDKs
Our offers include competitive renumeration, flexible hours, and curiosity and wellness stipends.
Source: Best Remote Job, Alt & Dot
Company: Brightflow AI
Headquarters: Berkeley, California, United States
Note: We are fully remote. Applicants must be willing to work within 4 hours of the Pacific time zone.
Brightflow AI is making cash management and forecasting accessible to the everyday business owner. Founded in Fall 2019, with the goal of democratizing finance, our rapidly growing and well-funded startup is in need of exceptional engineers to join us as we climb to the next level.
- We use TypeScript for just about everything and automate our testing with Jest.
- Frontend: React/Redux, styled-components.
- Backend: Node.js, Koa, PostgreSQL, Redis.
- Platform: Heroku, AWS, Ansible, Terraform.
- Tools and Processes: Git(Hub), Agile/SCRUM.
About the Role
You’ll be part of a small but growing team of engineers and take ownership of your work at every stage of the development lifecycle from concept through delivery. On a daily basis you can expect to:
- Engage with customers to solve the challenging and at times ambiguous problems they face in managing their business’s cash flow.
- Take a measured approach in balancing the tradeoffs between development cost and quality while delivering a product our users will love.
- Integrate with a growing number of e-commerce and financial apps, services, and APIs.
- Implement new features, forecasting algorithms, and data visualizations to solve the varying needs of our users.
- Work closely with everyone in the company including the founders, designers, and product manager.
Why you’ll love working here
First off, a great team: trust and psychological safety are high – you can expect to be challenged and given a place to do great work.
The team is experienced and knowledgeable: Our Head of Engineering has deep experience (started at age 12) including crypto mining (where she was CTO) and payments, has given tech talks – you’ll learn a lot as you are shoulder-to-shoulder with her.
CTO & CPO is always thinking about delivering value to our customers (even while writing code), has many years of startups and running his own businesses.
Our Head of Product is a finance expert and cares deeply about the product and enabling our customers to have great outcomes (and he also has coded for his own startup previous). Our CEO is experienced and knowledgeable, from time at big banks to PE firms, and previously was CEO at a yc-backed startup (now chairman of the board).
We’re looking for awesome team member #5, come join us in building.
What We’re Looking For
- Expertise as a software engineer who’s capable of taking on large, complex projects and reducing them into smaller, more manageable pieces.
- Experience with TypeScript or other typed programming languages.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in SQL, relational databases, and data modeling.
- Strong experience integrating with third-party APIs.
- High level of interest or experience with finance, algorithms, and/or data mining.
- Desire to constantly learn and grow both personally and professionally.
An especially strong candidate may also have one or more of the following:
- Portfolio of past work and/or open-source contributions.
- Familiarity with Excel or other spreadsheet programs.
- Familiarity with finance, accounting, statistics, or other mathematics disciplines.
- Experience working in startups.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Equity stake in the company.
- Flexible working hours and vacation policy.
- Challenging career opportunities that come with the high growth and fast-paced environment of early-stage startups.
- A high degree of ownership and autonomy in a dynamic environment.
- A culture that fosters transparent, appreciative feedback, respect, and empathy.
- Remote team events (happy hours and video gaming sessions to name a couple of our favorites) and retreats at socially responsible distances.
About Our Team
We’ve learned from firsthand experience that the most effective teams are composed of highly diverse individuals from all walks of life. It’s in those pivotal moments when a situation is dire that we’ve been consistently surprised by the ingenuity and unexpected skills our teammates bring to the table. At Brightflow, we all play a key role and encourage crossover into all areas of the business that interest you. This is a set of values that lies at our very core as individuals and if you share the same desire for a warm, welcoming environment surrounded by awesome, talented people we encourage you to apply! We’re constantly learning and doing what we can to support and assist each other in growing both personally and professionally.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin/ethnicity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability status, marital status, medical condition, or any other legally protected status.
Managing a company’s finances is hard. A company can go from selling $4 million dollars of makeup online to $9 million dollars in a single year. It’s going great, but there is a problem: it seems like the company’s cash may be running out.
We are helping people with simple solutions that impact their understanding and enable actions. It’s the 3-30 person companies who have a great product but don’t have a whole finance team. They’re growing and want to stay focused on delighting their customers.
We help them do that by providing insights into their business in ways they can quickly understand. Join us to build the tools that make it happen.
We’ve experienced the pain of getting good financial data easily – that drove creating Brightflow. We’ve raised money to build the product and already have our first two customers that provide us with valuable insights.
We have backgrounds that include several previous VC-backed startups (founding, running, being first engineers at), private-equity and venture finance, banking, and running our own software companies. We have a mix of countries we’ve lived and worked in, languages spoken, and cultures we’ve experienced.
We’re growth-minded learners, inspired to understand our customers and pragmatically deliver solutions that solve real problems.
Read more about our values and the culture of the company we’re building at https://bit.ly/brightflow-values
Source: Best Remote Job
Headquarters: Toronto, Canada
Inside.com is a network of email newsletters. We publish high-quality roundups that curate, summarize, and analyze all of the most important news in many different verticals and industries. Some examples are cybersecurity, electric vehicles, virtual and augmented reality, artificial intelligence, business, and more.
As Inside’s Copy Editor, you’ll be the final set of eyes on everything Inside publishes, including daily newsletters and premium content. You’ll work with writers and Business Researchers to improve their writing skills, driving and inspiring them to continually submit cleaner copy.
You move fast, love to be busy, and have a really solid understanding of business, technology, and finance. You’re half coach, half copy editor.
About the role
- Edit Inside newsletters and premium content
- Ensure all newsletters have been sent at the end of the day
- Provide detailed feedback and support that helps our team incrementally improve their writing every day
- Master Inside’s Editorial style guide and ensure it’s followed
- Learn Inside products and goals
- Ensure we remain neutral and that we always lead with facts and data first
- Learn and implement best practices for copy editing
- Edit 1 issue of Inside Daily Brief on Saturday & Sunday morning
- $40k CAD
- 2+ years of experience
- Excellent copy-editing skills & AP style mastery
- Desire to work in a team-based, entrepreneurial company
- Maintain composure in high-pressure situations & under tight deadlines
- Exceptional at learning on the fly and tackling new projects with little or no guidance
- Bonus: experience working in a Business-to-Business or email newsletter environment
Source: Remotey, Inside.com
ORCID (https://orcid.org/) is an independent non-profit organization that serves the global research community. Our mission is to connect research and researchers, with a strong focus on user control and privacy. Launched in October 2012, there are now over 9,000,000 registered ORCID users, more than 1,100 member organizations, and over 30 staff members in 15 countries. Our website and Registry (orcid.org) are published in 11 languages.
We are a mission-driven not-for-profit organization grounded by our core values: we are open, transparent, collaborative, global, diverse, inclusive, trusted, and persistent. We are committed to our values and welcome applications from all qualified candidates. Our remote-only team is diverse, and based around the globe.
ORCID is seeking an experienced manager to lead the user support function for the organization. The successful candidate will manage a team of four to provide timely and quality user support, serve as the “voice of the user” within the organization and work with other departments in improving the user experience, and scale the user support function as the organization grows.
This position is full-time (40 hour/week), and reports to the Technology Director. This is a fully remote role at an all-remote organization. Candidates must be able to work during Europe or Americas standard business hours (Mon-Fri) with at least four hours daily between 1200-2000 UTC, with recurring meetings at 1500 UTC.
Timely and Quality User Support
- Ensures ticket responses meet expectations in both quality and quantity, and that Service Level Agreements and other support team goals are met
- Ensures relevant metrics are tracked in order to extract actionable data
- Manages support processes and workflows, identifies and implements process and policy improvements, collaborating with other teams as appropriate
- Ensures that appropriate tools/documentation/training exist to support the work of the support team
- Ensures we are maximizing our use of tools (especially Zendesk) in support workflows
- Arranges adequate help desk coverage (e.g. holidays, vacations, weekends)
- Assists the support team members in responding to user requests by providing clarification and guidance where required
- Identifies trends in user requests and determines the best methods to address them
Voice of the User in the organization
- Reports bugs and technical issues that drive ticket volume to Technology and Product Team
- Ensures user feedback and feature requests are communicated to Product Team
- Makes recommendations and collaborates with Product Team on areas of UI which are driving ticket volume
- Participates in calls and projects with the other teams (Product, Technology, Communications, Engagement) as needed to provide a “voice of the user” to the larger organization
Support at Scale
- Leads the support team in identifying ways of reducing ticket volume per number of active users (through bug fixes, suggestions for UI improvements, KnowledgeBase documentation, and other methods)
- Leads the support team in identifying ways of improving the efficiency of ticket responses (through technological, organizational, workflow and other means)
- Anticipates foreseeable increases in ticket volume and ensures support team will be able to respond at scale
- Understands process involved in automating some aspects of user support, as well as benefits, drawbacks, and when to consider automation
- Coordinates and runs regular (e.g.: 1-2x weekly) internal support team meetings, and other meetings as necessary
- Coordinates weekly 1:1 meetings with each support team member
- Works with support team members on career goals and professional development
- Participates in hiring, evaluating, scheduling and transferring support team members where appropriate
- Writes and delivers employee evaluations
- Fluent written and spoken communication in English
- 2+ years of support experience and 2+ years of management experience, OR 2+ years managing a user support team via a helpdesk platform
- Excellent communication skills and a strong work ethic; ability to prioritize effectively and get things done in a dynamic environment
- Experience extracting and communicating actionable recommendations from feedback and data
- Motivated and results-driven, with a high-level of energy, enthusiasm, and initiative
- Tech-savvy and able to troubleshoot technical issues
- Experience optimizing process and building efficiencies through automation
- Must be able to work during Europe or Americas standard business hours (Mon-Fri) with at least four hours daily between 1200-2000 UTC, with recurring meetings at 1500 UTC.
- Experience working remotely
- Experience working in the research community
- Experience improving support workflows and processes
- Experience resolving disputes or other sensitive issues
- Experience writing documentation
- Experience with analytics, especially with ticket data
- A committed and awesome team serving an engaged community
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Flexible work hours and tools to support our virtual office environment
- ORCID provides a laptop
To apply, please submit an application through this portal that includes a resume and cover letter. In your cover letter, please include the name of your favorite airport and why.
Source: Remote OK